Tuesday, October 23, 2012

vendor highlight #7

Lucky number 7 is another new vendor this year. She is so talented and will be a great addition to this year's Bloom Market! Here's a great bio on Jane:


   Jane Murphy has been making and building things since she was a little girl, when her mother and grandmother taught her to sew.  Her favorite medium is fabric, and she especially loves vintage pieces. She has a degree in fashion design from F.I.T. in New York City, where she worked in the garment industry at the beginning of her career.  When she moved to Georgia, she began a workroom, making custom window treatments and bedding, which she continues to do today.
   A few years ago, her daughter, a chef, inspired Jane to create custom aprons. Since then, Jane has added market/tote/travel bags to her line, and is constantly exploring other possibilities.  Jane sells directly from her workroom and her shop on Etsy is named janie janes.
“I enjoy what I do and especially like a challenge and the creative process.  I can’t imagine not creating; it is part of who I am. I am inspired by the world around me, in the colors and the patterns I see."







You can check out more of Jane's goodies in her Etsy store at janie janes.  I'm sure there are some chefs & bakers out there that will love those adorable aprons!  Check out Jane's booth at Bloom Market -- Nov 9 & 10!!


No comments:

Post a Comment